Monday, March 03, 2008

Back to School


The teachers reported to school today so we could discuss how we thought the evacuation went, how we can improve, and where we stand now. People are all over the place with how they are handling the continued civil unrest here. I am not sure what to think. I am not a political thinker and I have never lived through anything like this before. Some of our staff have been through a civil war before and keep saying, "This is how it starts". At this point we are having school tomorrow with a "business as usual" standpoint. In some ways that is good since I think the kids and even myself need stability and routine. On the other hand, I don't want to be trapped at school for days or in this country if the pressure cooker decides to explode. The picture is from Nairobi--Amboseli safari we went on. Tornadoes are dangerous, right? Is this one far enough away and too small to harm us? Will it sweep up everything in it's path or just get a little grit in your eye? That's how things feel here right now... how much damage can the "tornado" cause?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home