Sunday, January 06, 2008

Displays





You can find pretty much anything here. If it is not found in a "store" it could be found by way of the examples I have here. Last week my friend Ann and I went to MOKOLO, a huge market of stalls all set up in little rabbit warren paths and alleys. It can be quite confusing, but we had a nice Cameroonian girl, Alphine, with us to guide the way. We bought material for a 10 year anniversary party we are invited to. The couple requested everyone wear white so we bought material and Catherine is going to whip up outfits for us by the 12th of January. Out in the street I got a pair of shoes for 2,000 cfa (about $5), Ann had no luck as the ones she picked out they wanted 25,000 cfa for (over $50). We laughed heartily and moved on. Luckily Alphine was with us because I had no idea where our car and driver (Emmanuel) were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home