Friday, January 05, 2007

Grassland Horror




This is pretty huh? Pretty treacherous that is. I was glad to be off of the gravel, for a little while. This portion of the hike was the absolute worst! The grass was sometimes over waist high and you could not see the path. The path was worn into the ground 6-8 inches and was only wide enough for one foot. So we had to walk funny, not being able to see where our feet were going, eyes constantly down. If you mis-stepped you would teeter over and flop down in the grass. By this time I had blisters all over my left foot and a few on my right, so each time I stepped wrong I was in agony. I kept falling down/over (weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down). Just about 2 minutes and 100 yards before the camp I started to cry silently, so the guide wouldn’t hear me, as he was one step behind me. Pete looked back at me, turned around, and just kept going because he knew I was doing my best to not a have a break down. We got to camp and I think we were asleep before 8:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home