Friday, January 05, 2007

Volcanic Craters




Off to the volcanic craters we went. This is when the landscape looked like something fictional. It made me think the creators of the original Star Trek series just shot it in Cameroon, sometimes nature is more than our imaginations can conjure up. Of course the photos don’t so it justice, especially since you can’t tell the scale of the surroundings. The smoke you see here is coming from the volcano. It smelled of sulfur and you could feel a slight increase in temperature. This also happened to be a pretty steep area and the path was what I considered narrow. It was similar to the time Heather, Cecily, and John to me to Angel’s Peak (or is it landing?) in Zion for my first true hiking experience. Needless to say, I was not thrilled or awe-inspired enough to not be shaking in my boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home