Monday, November 27, 2006

Before/After




Ok, so I have to back up. We started out early Thursday morning, after Meredith finally got it together(just kidding Mer). In the van was our driver, Fabien, Marianne, Peter and I, Sandrine, Meredith, and Nanci. Claudette had her driver take Fred and Jennifer in her Land Rover. Less than half of the six hour ride we stopped to have a potty break. This is a typical road side "rest area", I believe it is actually a town. We had to pay 100cfa for toilet paper and to use the "bathroom". It was a mosaic tile toilet made out of cement, no seat, which is typical here. It was just like the time I went with Heather to Tiajuana! This part of our group at the waterfall-- from the left: Claudette, Fred, Peter and I, Sandrine, and Nanci.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

The cfa is in the thousands. We just double it and drop 2 zeros. For example. A 10,000 cfa is worth about $200. Online the rate is usually around 511 cfa per 100 dollars I think ?!?

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

OOPPPSS, I made a typo. I meant to say that a $10,000 cfa is worth a $20 dollar bill. A $5,000 cfa is like A US $10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home