Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Banana Trees



I am sure you have all been wondering about how Chiquita bananas are grown. been up late at night pondering huh? Well, I am going to put your mind at ease about this conundrum. In the picture on your left you can see, to the right of the forefront leaf, the bananas. They grow from the top of the tree, down. They curve upwards and at the bottom of the branch is this huge, maroon, pod-like bloom. I couldn't figure how to rotate the center picture, but you can see the bananas hanging down. The whole branch gets cut off. The bananas here are so much sweeter and are more yellow in color on the inside. They also ripen naturally and get ripe too quickly. Unfortunately, our maid is NOT good at sweet things so I only make banana bread once in a while. You see motorcycles, taxis, and trucks full to the brim transporting them around town. You can get 4-5 bananas for 100 cfa, about 20cents.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

No Harleys here, but there are a lot of crazy people who actually drive motorcycles. The traffic is insane and I would not ride one here.
Zulus are not from Cameroon, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home