Monday, October 09, 2006

Lazing on the Beach



Back to the room to snack a bit and then down to the beach we went. We saw maybe 10 other people the whole day. It was so nice not to hear gangster rap, people driving their cars onto the beach, or stepping on cigarette butts. There weren't even any seagulls! The only time I got freaked out was when we got too close to the shrimp traps, so we just kept away from those. Only a few peddlers came by and they understood us as soon as we said we had no money, off they went.
We got cleaned up and began to notice our extreme sunburn. Yes, we used sunblock. The sun is very strong here, especially since there is a lot of cloud cover throughout the day. Luckily I sent aloe lotion in the shipment. Unluckily it was 4 hours away in our apartment. I am still lobster red as I sit in the teacher workroom and every single person that walks by feels the need to tell me I am sunburnt- yeah I know, I am the reason the AC won't kick off because I am eminating too much heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home