Thursday, November 15, 2007

No technology




Aside from being really busy I have not blogged due to lack of technology here. It was out throughout the whole country. Rumors were flying as to why--an underground cable in the ocean, the man trying to keep us down, and an attmepted politcial coup. Turns out we still don't know for sure but there have been demonstrations in other areas that have led to the deaths of several protestors (University students upset that the electricity keeps getting cut) and there was an attempt at a coup against the president last week. Of course everything is hush-hushed and garbled like when you play the telephone game. What does this have to do with these pictures? Absolutley nothing.
I am raising money for a fundraiser to buy things for an orphanage I have been going to. Kids paid 100 cfa (20 cents) to throw a paint-soaked sponge at me. In all I raised about 6,500 cfa--that's right, at least 65 people threw a sponge at me--for charity. Yes, I am wearing an old swim suite OVER my clothes, it's all about image baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home