Friday, August 18, 2006

Dulles to Zurich

Pete and I got to the Dulles airport at 1:15 on Friday, August 11 despite the fact that our flight did not leave until 6:00 beacuse of the fall out from the UK. We had quickly rearranged our luggage to make sure we had no liquids/gels that we would have to throw out. We took a shuttle and the driver scared us for a minute when he said, "Are you sure you are at the the right airport?". The tickets were through Swiss Air, but we flew United. They were the old fashioned kind, before "E-tickets". After that heart attack I had a kaniption-fit when I thought I had left my money belt ($500, passport, ticket) on the seat of the shuttle van. Once my heart rate returned to normal we get in the correct line. The next nerve-racking moment was when we had to weigh our three bags. Only one ended up being overweight and the ticket agent didn't remember to charge us, so we lucked out there.
Fast forward to the plane... it was first, business, then us cattle in the back, economy class. Actually it was way better than flying domestic. The seats were 2, aisle, 3, aisle, 2 and we were in the center. Movies played all night long in the head rest in front of you and it was dubbed into 4 other lanugages too. Food was pretty darn good and they fed us all night long. I felt very European as I enjoyed my "cheese course" after the lasagna. Also, the hot towels were raaathah refreshing. We both slept off and on as they went up and down the aisled with more and more food. It was strange to get off the plane 8 hours later and it was suddenly 7 am on Saturday the 12th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home